Thursday 8 September 2016

windows system-how to delete hyberfil.sys file in C: Drive


Hi Guys,

How to Delete hiberfil.sys file from C Drive

Today I am going to install mysql in my windows 7 operating system with .msi installer.But Failed again and again.
I haven't found any serious error in this.  I am suspecting that It supposed to be issue of space.

I have checked my C: drive space and its only in MB.

After analyzing my disk using tree size free disk analyzer , I found that major of disk occupy by hiberfil.sys file.But I am unable to delete hiberfil.sys file.
You can find hiberfil.sys file in C drive in the PC which have hibernate option enabled.

To resolve this issue we need to turn off hibernating .
command : powercfg -h off

After doing this we are able to delete hiberfil.sys file.
This post is about to delete hiberfil.sys file from C Drive to make some free space.
You can ask questions/query in comment box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Are Dynamics 365 Customer Voice and Microsoft Forms Pro the same thing?

  Are Dynamics 365 Customer Voice and Microsoft Forms Pro the same thing? No, they aren't the same thing. Microsoft Forms Pro is an evol...

Popular Posts